Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Can The Stanford Brand Help Organize The Latino Tech Entrepreneur Community?

It was almost exactly two years ago that I first got the opportunity to attend the Silicon Valley Latino Leadership Summit, an annual event held at the cozy and clubby Stanford Faculty Club. It’s a great experience – thanks largely to the work of the event’s principal organizer, Frank Carbajal. But my entry in the community that formed around SVLLS came at a very special time. As I noted in my coverage of the event that year, the Latinos of Silicon Valley had begun to make noticeable progress in coming together. The reason: the emergence of Latino entrepreneurship in Silicon Valley. To build a culture of entrepreneurship, I noted, requires that people learn to work with one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment