Thursday, August 18, 2016

Building A Server-Side Application With Async Functions and Koa 2













 



 




One of the upcoming features of JavaScript that I especially like is the support for asynchronous functions. In this article, I would like to show you a very practical example of building a server-side application using Koa 2, a new version of the web framework, which relies heavily on this feature.



Getting Started With Koa 2


First, I'll recap what async functions are and how they work. Then, I'll highlight the differences between Koa 1 and Koa 2. After that, I will describe my demo app for Koa 2, covering all aspects of development, including testing (using Mocha, Chai and Supertest) and deployment (using PM2).

The post Building A Server-Side Application With Async Functions and Koa 2 appeared first on Smashing Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment