Friday, April 15, 2016

Web Development Reading List #133: Workflow Tools And The Aesthetics Of Invisible Code


  

I write about it often, but it's a topic that makes me love my job, it's the reason why communities work and why great people are great. I'm talking about honesty and ethics in everything we do, in how we live.



Browsing through the HTML markup of the German newspaper zeit.de, Francesco Schwarz detected invisible details that improve the user experience.


Reading about corruption, tax avoidance tricks, wars, and also about poorly written code or bad user experiences has taught me a lot. Looking back at projects where I stood behind the idea and business model and at projects that I saw only as money-making work showed me that sticking to my ethical principles and being honest makes me feel better, which leads to better work.

The post Web Development Reading List #133: Workflow Tools And The Aesthetics Of Invisible Code appeared first on Smashing Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment