Monday, February 1, 2016

Making A Service Worker: A Case Study


There’s no shortage of boosterism or excitement about the fledgling service worker API, now shipping in some popular browsers. There are cookbooks and blog posts, code snippets and tools. But I find that when I want to learn a new web concept thoroughly, rolling up my proverbial sleeves, diving in and building something from scratch is often ideal.



Making A Service Worker: A Case Study


The bumps and bruises, gotchas and bugs I ran into this time have benefits: Now I understand service workers a lot better, and with any luck I can help you avoid some of the headaches I encountered when working with the new API.

The post Making A Service Worker: A Case Study appeared first on Smashing Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment